Thanks for Using Mathway
Last modified: March 27, 2019
What information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you sign up for a basic account, we collect your email address. When you sign up for a premium account, we also collect your name, payment information, and country. We may also collect information when you request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, including your name and any other information you chose to provide.
Information about your use of our Services
When you access or use our Services, we collect information about your interactions, including:
- Math problems you enter: We collect information about the problems you enter and their solutions.
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. Below are partners we work with to place cookies on our site:
- Google (to help measure how users interact with our content, to host YouTube tutorials, and provide additional login options)
- Facebook (to help measure how users interact with our content, and provide additional login options)
- Amazon (to provide additional payment options)
- Recurly (to provide credit card and subscription services)
- Freestar (to deliver optimized and targeted advertisements)
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our Services and to communicate with you about our Services. We may also use the information we collect to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, and to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Mathway and others.
How we share the information we collect
- With service providers, that perform services for us, such as processing payments on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Mathway or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Mathway and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Advertising and analytics services provided by others
Transfer of information to the United States
Mathway is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update your email address at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please contact us at www.mathway.com/contact, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
The Mathway website and/or app may contain links to other sites. Mathway assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. Mathway encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.
How to contact us